These are unprecedented times and as we move further in this pandemic, there are things that are yet to be understood by those in charge. To help in this, the WHO has introduced a series of online courses that can help in understanding COVID-19 and associated elements.
As of now, there are five courses incorporated in these online courses by WHO (www.openwho.org) and are free to enroll. These include the following:
- Operational Planning Guidelines to Support Country Preparedness and Response
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Acute Respiratory Infections (ARIs) and basic hygiene measures to protect against infection
- Clinical Care Severe Acute Respiratory Infection
- Emerging respiratory viruses, including COVID-19: methods for detection, prevention, response and control
So if you are at home because of the COVID-19 breakout and have some free time on your hands, then right now would be a great opportunity to go over these courses at your own pace and understand the dynamics associated with COVID-19. This is not restricted to medical professionals only and will definitely open up your thought process in terms of responding to such a pandemic on both a country level and your role on an individual level.